In light of the Secretary of State’s acknowledgement that Hampden Fields is a suitable site for a substantial amount of new housing, a new planning application was submitted in February 2016.
The proposals are for a mixed-use development comprising:
- Up to 3,000 new homes, over a third of which will be provided as one and two bedroom properties, directly helping people to get onto the housing ladder.
- Approximately 30% of the new homes provided as Affordable Housing
- A full dual carriageway Southern Link Road with a 40mph speed restriction, between A413 Wendover Road and A41 Aston Clinton Road delivered in the first phase of development.
- 9 hectares of new employment space providing approximately 29,200 sqm of employment space which could create up to 1,200 new jobs
- Two new primary schools providing places for 1,050 pupils and 134 early years children together with financial contributions towards the provision of additional secondary education places and special educational needs places
- A new and vibrant local centre providing a multi-purpose community centre, nursery, care home and a range of shops and leisure uses.
- Approximately 50% of the site (108.43 Ha) provided as open green space incorporating formal sports, play and recreation facilities
- A range of environmental and public realm improvements in Weston Turville and Bedgrove
- Drainage infrastructure to control surface water run-off from within the site and additional features to reduce the existing risk of flooding in the town.
- New public transport services to link the development with Aylesbury Town Centre.
- Land for a new Park and Ride facility sufficient for 450+ parking spaces that could help to reduce car journeys in and out of Aylesbury Town Centre.
- A package of improvements to pedestrian and cycle routes in the vicinity of the development including crossing facilities and footway improvements between the site and Stoke Mandeville railway station.
- Financial contributions towards improvements to bus-stop infrastructure in the vicinity of the development, bus priority measures along the Aston Clinton Road and improvements at the bus station.
Framework master plan – Click to open
OS data licence number: AL100012293. Copyright: SLR Consulting Ltd. – not to be reproduced or amended without prior permission.